Prototype builds posted.
Prototype builds have been posted for Windows, macOS, and WebGL platforms.
This progress reflects my work up until the end of DESMA 171 at UCLA, for which I put together Space Dander. My goals were to:
- Learn Unity, Houdini, and the workflow between the two.
- Build the foundation of a network back-end for connecting multiple mobile devices with Unity, across platforms.
- Create a game with cooperative mechanics, inspired by Loren and Rachel Carpenter's 1991 SIGGRAPH presentation.
- Have some fun with names. (thanks Margaret) :)
The mobile interface is done in p5.js. The networking connects mobile and Unity clients using a node.js server and Socket.IO.
- Play testing and integrating valuable feedback.
- Further developing the first level, building on the variety of creatures, and expanding the music/sound design.
- Creating a room-based networking model so that not all instances of the game are cross-talking (this might be interesting if there was any kind of synchronization).
Get Space Dander
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.